× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connecting via run command

astro76
Aspirant

Connecting via run command

NAS 422

Firmware 6.9.2

Windows 10

Can anyoen please direct me on how to access my ReadyNAS using the run command?

I want to beable to access it with out having to install a program. On the same network.

I've seen it done before. I don't know what NAS it was. So I was wondering if I can do it on my NAS?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecated.

Thank you.

Model: RN422|ReadyNAS 422 2-Bay with up to 20 TB total storage
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Sandshark
Sensei

Re: Connecting via run command

If the name of your ReadyNAS is "ReadyNAS", you can type \\ReadyNAS in the run box and it will open a Windows Explorer instance with the NAS shares in it.  NOTE:  Backslashes, not forward.  You can do the same using it's IP address instead of its name.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @astro76

What do you want to access on the NAS, Data? Admin page? SSH?

Admin page access is through a Web browser like Chrome, IE, Firefox. Please see this KB.

If it's data you need then you can use the NAS IP which can be discovered on RAIDar or on the NAS LCD. You can check the following articles.

https://kb.netgear.com/23179/How-do-I-access-a-shared-folder-on-my-ReadyNAS-OS-6-storage-system-by-u...

https://kb.netgear.com/12241/Accessing-ReadyNAS-OS-6-using-Windows-Explorer

This uses Windows explorer.

If you need to access the NAS system using SSH then you need to install a console emulator. Please check this article.

I would advise using available tools provided to access your ReadyNAS since this makes it easier and less complicated to manage.

Other users might be able to provide tips on accessing your NAS using the Run command from Windows.

Here are additional articles that might be of help

Accessing Network share using command prompt

Accessing NAS drive via CMD

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Sandshark
Sensei

If the name of your ReadyNAS is "ReadyNAS", you can type \\ReadyNAS in the run box and it will open a Windows Explorer instance with the NAS shares in it.  NOTE:  Backslashes, not forward.  You can do the same using it's IP address instead of its name.

Message 3 of 5
astro76
Aspirant

Data.

I was able to enter \\Nameof NAS\ in to run command then enter user credentials and it worked.

Thank you very much for your help and info provided.

Message 4 of 5
astro76
Aspirant

Thats the answer I was looking for! 

Thanks so much!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation