× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

File access and permission (AFP)

nightspanda
Aspirant

File access and permission (AFP)

Hi everyone,

I seem to have some problems with the settings of the shares on my RN 104. Since I had kind of the same problems with my previous NAS (RND2000) I started to think I'm doing something wrong.

I have troubles with my files archives share.

I have two users, in the group "users". Basically me and my girlfriend. We are connecting to the NAS through AFP protocol since we both are using Macs.

Basically my problems are the following :
  • When I create a folder/move a file, she can't delete or move this folder/file. And the same for me when she move/creates someting.

• Sometimes, when I force reset the permission with the NAS frontview, it solves the problems.

• Sometimes, when I try to delete files or move it. It takes ages with the finder on my mac and it fails from time to time for permissions reasons or for no reasons (the computer is working but nothing happens.

• Performance are really poor with our macs when it comes to move/delete files around the NAS.

The settings of the share are the following :
Under "Network Access", AFP protocol :
  • Admin : Read/Write

• Users : Read/Write

• Allow Anonymous access : No

Under "File Access", "Security" :
  • Folder Owner : guest

• Folder group : guest

• "Grant rename and delete privileges to non-owner of the file/folder access from AFP/NFS client" : Yes

• Everyone : Read/Write

• Folder Owner : Read/Write

• Folder Group : Read/Write

Under "Default access" :
  • "Specify permission when new file/folder is created. Otherwise inherit permission from parent." : No
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements