× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to use ReadyDLNA PLEX & Streaming with TIVO to TV?

kevinfor1
Aspirant

How to use ReadyDLNA PLEX & Streaming with TIVO to TV?

I am trying to figure out how to stream all the media files on my Readynas (TIVO Files, Photos, Music, regular AVI, MPEG4 Etc) on my TV (or TIVO) Device...

I have Setup ReadyDLNA on the NAS & under the specific folders enabled media "All" - When I go to the TIVO under My Shows ... I see the Readynas show up & the programs listed... Problem is when I select one it says it wants to "transfer file" from the NAS to the TIVO -vs- Streaming - which is completely useless to me as TIVO has limited Disk space ( The NAS is also setup to backup the TIVO nightly & the TIVO's can Stream between themselves on the network)

I have also tried installing the Plex Software on the NAS added some videos to it's library - but can't figure how to get it to show up in TIVO or on the TV..
The Only other device we have plugged into the TV is an Amazon Fire TV not sure if we can install an App on that device to do this... but we are thinking of getting rid of that box as TIVO now supports amazon prime (unless someone has figured out how to have the Readynas act like a DVR like TIVO)

the TV itself is an Elite (Sharp) PRO-70X5FD that's a few years old and has various apps pre-installed on it but no real internet access...
we also have the TIVO Desktop plus software installed on the PC - But that's mostly for transferring programs off the TIVO to Desktop

any ideas on what to do ... let me know 😄
Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements