× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NTP Time Server Issue

RichardG085
Aspirant

NTP Time Server Issue

I am currently using a ReadyNAS Ultra V2, the other evening I noticed the time was out by around 10mins when I tried to sync using the NTP Time Servers listed i received back an error message stating unable to connect to servers. I am currently using time-e.netgear.com and time-a.netgear.com - both fail to connect/sync. Any ideas please?

Regards

Richard G
Message 1 of 4
RX
Luminary
Luminary

Re: NTP Time Server Issue

Try "time-h.netgear.com" without the quotation marks as suggested on the KB article below: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21285
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Are you using a static IP address?

Try "check for update", and see if it also fails.

If you are using a static address, then possibly part of the IP address configuration is incorrect. For instance, if the subnet mask or gateway address are incorrectly typed; or if the DNS servers are incorrect or not responding. If that is what is wrong, then "check for update" (really any attempt to reach the internet from the NAS) will fail. An easy solution is to reserve the address in your router instead, and use dhcp in the ultra.

Also check to see if port 123 isn't forwarded in your router to some other device (it shouldn't be).

If these are ruled out, you could try using a different NTP service (for instance 0.pool.ntp.org) and see if you get different results.
Message 3 of 4
Rogue66
Aspirant

Thanks, I was also having problem with NTp being unable to connect on ReadyNAS Duo.

I am using Fixed IP addressing so as suggested I checked IP settings and found that default gateway was incorrectly set and after correction NTP can now sync to NTP server

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements