× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RNDU2000

Sjaak_B
Aspirant

RNDU2000

My question:

I need some support for my broken Netgear ReadyNAS RNDU2000.

We used this product for years seamless. Now it is broken. The blue power-led is oké. But no network leds and no disk leds. A few times green act blinks, further nothing happens.

I am pretty Shure the data is on the mirrored disks and fine.  How can I preserve the data or move it safely to a new Netgear NAS. 

And is it possible an idea to place these disk into an other Netgear ReadyNAS RNDU2000 ) (I can borrow one from a friend)

(same type of hardware probably small different version) ??

I Hope desperate to hear soon some instructions from your site.

Thanks in advanced,

Sjaak

Model: RNDU2000|ReadyNAS Ultra 2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 7
StephenB
Guru

Do you know whether either your NAS or your friend's was converted to run OS 6? 

It is possible to migrate your disks to his NAS so you can extract data.  Assuming both NAS are on the same OS (either 4.2 or 6), then you'd 

1. make sure his firmware is either the same are newer than yours.  The final 4.2 firmware was 4.2.31, OS 6 is 6.10.4.
  2. power down his NAS and remove the disks.  Label them by slot as you remove them.
  3. Similarly remove your disks, and label by slot. 
  4. put your disks into the correct slots of his NAS, and power up.
Message 2 of 7
Sandshark
Sensei

I suggest you just try his power suipply with your unit first.  The symptoms you list could be the supply.  If that's all it is, it's easy to replace.

If that doesn't do it, in case your friend is concerned:  Other than any OS update you do, none of the NAS configuration is saved in the flash memory, so putting your drives in his unit (switching with power off) will in no way affect his volume or settings.

Message 3 of 7
StephenB
Guru

@Sandshark wrote:

I suggest you just try his power supply with your unit first. 

I agree. And if that works, you can find compatible replacements for ~$25.

Message 4 of 7
Sjaak_B
Aspirant

It was not the powersupply, but the Unit it self.

It was easy recovery by swapping one of the thisk in the same kind of RNDU2000 of a freind of my. The unit boot as useal and after this I store my data on a new temporarly store.

For now I am save 🙂

Thanks for being with me freinds!

With kind regards,

Jack

@StephenB wrote:

@Sandshark wrote:

I suggest you just try his power supply with your unit first. 

I agree. And if that works, you can find compatible replacements for ~$25.

Message 5 of 7
Sjaak_B
Aspirant

1. make sure his firmware is either the same are newer than yours.  The final 4.2 firmware was 4.2.31, OS 6 is 6.10.4.
  2. power down his NAS and remove the disks.  Label them by slot as you remove them.
  3. Similarly remove your disks, and label by slot. 
  4. put your disks into the correct slots of his NAS, and power up.

This was I good suggestions, wich have followd up! The firmware was equal 4.2.31

So the swap over was smoot.

Thanks for the good advise!

Cheers

Sjaak 

Message 6 of 7
StephenB
Guru

I'm glad we were able to help (and that your data is intact Smiley Happy)

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements