× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNAS 204 not showing up in file explorer

Kberna1376
Apprentice

ReadyNAS 204 not showing up in file explorer

Selecting the NAS I get a message than windows cannot access \\<server id>.  Network path not found.  I use Adobe Lightroom and cannot access any of the photos on the NAS.  All this happened after the update to 6.5!  How can I fix this!

Model: RN10443D|ReadyNAS 100 Series 4- Bay
Message 1 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: ReadyNAS 204 not showing up in file explorer

Hello Kberna1376,

Can you still access the admin page? If so, please check if SMB is enabled still. If not, please run RAIDar and see if it will detect your ReadyNAS.

Do you have ReadyCloud desktop client installed at the same time to the computer that is also logged in? If so, please log it out, make sure it is updated to 1.12 version. You ReadyCloud account should also be upgraded to the myNetgear account.

Regards,

Message 2 of 9
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I can log into the NAS and see the admin page.  SMB is enabled.  I have upgraded to a MyNetgear account, and have the latest 1.12 version of Ready Cloud.  Everything seems to be working as before, but windows 10 just doesn't allow access to the NAS in the file explorer.  It sees the NAS but I get the error that windows cannot acess the server.

Video and music streaming services are working perfectly.  Video is streaming to a WDTVLive, and music streams to Sonos.

The big problem is there is not access to my pictures from my Adobe Light Room software.  

Message 3 of 9
JennC
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Message 4 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

On other threads, users had to remove "saved" sets of credentials from Windows. If you search for "manage network password", you can remove the old sets of credentials for your nas, and create a fresh set. Once done, try access the smb share again.
Message 5 of 9
Kberna1376
Apprentice

I tried this, and no success.

Message 6 of 9
Kberna1376
Apprentice

This just goes to a search field.

Message 7 of 9
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Message 8 of 9
Kberna1376
Apprentice

This does not solve the problem.  Still get the error when trying to access the NAS from file explorer.  This is what is blocking my Adobe Lightroom from accessing my photos.  As mentioned, other services for streaming video and music work great, but no access to the server via explorer.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements