× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyNAS RR2304 not showing as Available Network Storage on nVidia Shield TV

PhysicsTeacher
Aspirant

ReadyNAS RR2304 not showing as Available Network Storage on nVidia Shield TV

My ReadyNAS RR2304 is running firmware 6.10.2. I am attempting to access my ReadyNAS from my nVidia Shield TV, which is an android box. When you select the Shield menu to access external storage (using SMB 3), the ReadyNAS is not appearing on the list, although my Windows PCs are listed, as is a Linux-based audio streamer.

Are there any other options I can try to make the ReadyNAS visible to the Shield TV?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNAS RR2304 not showing as Available Network Storage on nVidia Shield TV

Go into system->settings->services and click on smb.  Make sure that Legacy Windows Discovery is checked. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
PhysicsTeacher
Aspirant

I just received a reply to my post on the nVidia forum. It seems that the Shield requires NETBIOS. How do I enable NETBIOS on the ReadyNAS?

Message 2 of 5
PhysicsTeacher
Aspirant

Here's the text of the reply from nVidia support: "SHIELD requires NETBIOS to work today (working to remove that requirement in the future). If you can't see your NAS in the available networks, it means NETBIOS isn't advertising/working. Entering your NAS manually will not work as SHIELD does a reverse lookup which will also fail. You need to get your NAS to show up in the recognized storage by making sure it's on the same subnet and enabling netbios."

Message 3 of 5
StephenB
Guru

Go into system->settings->services and click on smb.  Make sure that Legacy Windows Discovery is checked. 

Message 4 of 5
PhysicsTeacher
Aspirant

Thank you! That fixed my problem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements