× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyNas Duo v2 Admin Page Unavailable from RAIDar and Browser

mr_n_tree
Aspirant

ReadyNas Duo v2 Admin Page Unavailable from RAIDar and Browser

Model: ReadyNas Duo v2

Problem:

I have connected my ReadyNAS Duo v2 on my home network and it has automatically chosen the IP address 192.168.0.15.

I have ran ReadyNAS which has located the NAS but when I click on the "Admin Page"  button it states the message "Your Netgear storage is not accessible from this computer. Check your network settings.".

I have tried accessing via a browser using 192.168.0.15/admin but have had no success.  Can anyone advise?

Thank you

Model: RND2000v2|ReadyNAS Duo v2 Chassis only
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: ReadyNas Duo v2 Admin Page Unavailable from RAIDar and Browser

@mr_n_tree wrote:

Firmware is v4.1.6

Ok.  That means you have the original Duo (called a v1 here).

@mr_n_tree wrote:

My Mac has a 192.168.1.X IP address whereas my NAS is 192.168.0.15. 

That is why you can't reach it.  Likely you (or a previous owner) assigned a static IP to the NAS at some point. There are a couple of ways to fix this. 

1. You could temporarily change your router config to assign 192.168.0.x address - that would allow you to reach the NAS, and then reset the network configuration to use DHCP.
  2. You can also do an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  That will reset the network config to use DHCP, and also reset the admin password to netgear1.
  3. If you don't care about the data, you could also do a factory default.  That will format the disks, and do a fresh factory install.

Instructions for options 2 and 3 are found on pages 15 and 16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

BTW, your NAS only supports SMB 1.0 - which I don't think is supported in Big Sur.  I think you will need to use AFP for the sharing protocol.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Can you confirm that

1. RAIDar says you are running 5.3.x firmware
  2. Your Mac is also using a 192.168.0.x address

Is the Mac connected over ethernet or wifi?

1. if wifi, is the Duo connected to an ethernet port on the AP/Router that is supplying the wifi?  If not, how is it connected?
  2. If ethernet, are the two devices connected to the same switch?

Message 2 of 6
mr_n_tree
Aspirant

Hi

Firmware is v4.1.6

My Mac has a 192.168.1.X IP address whereas my NAS is 192.168.0.15.  Everything on my network is 192.168.1.X only the NAS is stubborn.  The IP does not change. 

It is connected over ethernet, to the same switch as my MAC.

Thanks

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@mr_n_tree wrote:

Firmware is v4.1.6

Ok.  That means you have the original Duo (called a v1 here).

@mr_n_tree wrote:

My Mac has a 192.168.1.X IP address whereas my NAS is 192.168.0.15. 

That is why you can't reach it.  Likely you (or a previous owner) assigned a static IP to the NAS at some point. There are a couple of ways to fix this. 

1. You could temporarily change your router config to assign 192.168.0.x address - that would allow you to reach the NAS, and then reset the network configuration to use DHCP.
  2. You can also do an OS reinstall from the boot menu.  That will reset the network config to use DHCP, and also reset the admin password to netgear1.
  3. If you don't care about the data, you could also do a factory default.  That will format the disks, and do a fresh factory install.

Instructions for options 2 and 3 are found on pages 15 and 16 here: https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RND2110/Duov1_NV+v1_HW_en_06Dec11.pdf

BTW, your NAS only supports SMB 1.0 - which I don't think is supported in Big Sur.  I think you will need to use AFP for the sharing protocol.

Message 4 of 6
mr_n_tree
Aspirant

I reset the local area IP area to 192.168.0.X.  NAS appeared in RAIDar and Admin Page button worked!

Entered the NAS config changed IP to 192.168.1.15.  Reset network and hey presto the NAS is available and working.

Thank you!!!

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@mr_n_tree wrote:

Entered the NAS config changed IP to 192.168.1.15.  Reset network and hey presto the NAS is available and working.

I'm glad you restored access.

But reserving an IP address in the router (and setting the NAS to use DHCP) is a better approach than configuring the NAS to use a fixed address.  Address reservation lets you manage all the IP addresses in one place, which is easier than when the configuration is scattered across multiple devices. Most routers have the reservation feature (sometimes called MAC address reservation or ARP reservation).

There are two potential problems with what you've done:

• If the 192.168.1.15 is in the router's address pool, then it will assign it to another device.  Then you will have an IP address conflict (which can be difficult to diagnose).
  • If you switch routers again, you will end up with the same lost access problem in the future.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements