× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Readynas 102 and jottacloud

elfinko
Aspirant

Readynas 102 and jottacloud

Hi,

I need help getting access to the /data folder for the Jottacloud cli.

I've installed the jottacloud client as described here: https://docs.jottacloud.com/jottacloud-command-line-tool/installing-the-command-line-tool/jottacloud...

When adding folders to sync "jotta-cli add /data/Backup" I get "filesystem unknown error".

If I make a new test folder on root using ssh and "jotta-cli add /testfolder/test" it works fine.

The /data folder is made by the readynas os6 and I can see its mounted using fstab?

LABEL=0e34402c:data /data btrfs defaults,nodatasum 0 0

what to do?

Model: RN10200|ReadyNAS 100 Series 2- Bay (Diskless)
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

Re: Readynas 102 and jottacloud

You've installed jottacloud on a different linux machine?  Or did you install it on the RN102?

Message 2 of 6
elfinko
Aspirant

Yes. Debian arm version of jotta-cli installed on the nas. Jotta-cli works/syncs fine with other folders than /data.

I did some testing with fstab and made it work bye mounting data/test as /jotta and adding that to jotta sync. (Stopped working after reboot) So there must be some special stuff going on with the mountng/filesystem of /data.

Default fstab looks like this:

LABEL=0e34402c:data /data btrfs defaults,nodatasum 0 0

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

I don't know much about jottacloud, but I am wondering why fstab is even relevant.

The cli is running on the NAS itself, and syncing data to their cloud server.  It can access the files directly, so I don't see why the exporting matters.  Is the issue that their client doesn't support the BTRFS file system?

Also, did you install it as root, or did you use admin?  Root would be the normal way.

Message 4 of 6
elfinko
Aspirant

Hi, I installed as root. Its working on other folders than /data.

Has anyone more linux savy than me got this working? Jotta say they support btrfs..

Maybe someone can make an netgear app or get jottacloud sync available on the Cloud tab in the readynas admin ? 🙂

Lots of documentation on https://docs.jottacloud.com/jottacloud-command-line-tool/jottacloud-command-line-tool-faq-s/what-fil...

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@elfinko wrote:

Its working on other folders than /data. 

Do you mean folders that are in the OS partition (/usr, /var, etc)?  They are all ext on your NAS.

Have you tried /apps?  It is a mount point for /data/.apps, so it is also btrfs. If that works well, it rules out btrfs as the problem.

Also, have you tried a share (using /data/sharename ) That would rule out memory issues, or some confusion that the tool might have with hidden folders and snapshots.   Syncing all of /data likely won't work well - what info I can see about the details of Jottacloud say that it doesn't do block-level deduplication.  Which means that backup up snapshots is a bad idea, even if the product can do them.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements