× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Rsync errors

Jeff_howard
Aspirant

Rsync errors

I am getting errors with my Rsync errors.  Nothing has changed in my setup or settings. Any Ideas?

This is a backup job between two identical NAS box's  RN314 with latest firmware 6.9.0

Both have over 1TB of free space.

Connection tests successfully.

Backup Job Name: Work
Backup Job Type: Incremental
Protocol: rsync
Backup Source: [remote:rsync]/***.***.***.***::Work
Backup Destination: [Work]/
Backup Start Time: Fri Nov 24 2017 17:05:04
Backup Finish Time: Sat Nov 25 2017 0:31:14
Backup Status: Fail: Connection cannot be established. Check the connection and authentication, if required.

Failed to run rsync, return rc 5
'rsync' command returns rc=5

rsync: did not see server greeting
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at main.c(1666) [Receiver=3.1.2]

Model: RN31400|ReadyNAS 300 Series 4-Bay
Message 1 of 6
StephenB
Guru

My own rsync backups worked with no issue on 6.9.0.

Though you likely already did this, you might confirm that destination NAS IP address didn't change.  If the NAS use NIC bonding, perhaps try temporarily breaking the bond.

You could also try rebooting the destination, and see if that makes any difference.

Message 2 of 6
Jeff_howard
Aspirant

Both NAS boxes had bonded NIC connections.  I have removed the Bonded settings and will try again.

Thanks.  Is this a issue with the latest firmware?

Message 3 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff_howard wrote:

Both NAS boxes had bonded NIC connections.  I have removed the Bonded settings and will try again.

Thanks.  Is this a issue with the latest firmware?

There were issues with bonding - and Netgear pushed out some hot fixes.  I think there are more network fixes in 6.9.1, so you might want to upgrade to that.

Message 4 of 6
Jeff_howard
Aspirant

I don't see the 6.9.1 is avalible yet.  Is it still in Beta?

Message 5 of 6
StephenB
Guru

@Jeff_howard wrote:

Is it still in Beta?

No, it is released - but I don't think it's being pushed through the update servers quite yet.  You can get a manual install here: https://kb.netgear.com/000051531/ReadyNAS-OS-6-Software-Version-6-9-1 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements