× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Shares Empty When Viewing Via FTP Connection in FileZila

ICT_Team
Aspirant

Shares Empty When Viewing Via FTP Connection in FileZila

Hi All

I have been trying to setup FTP access to the first of our NAS units and it's not working. I can connect to the NAS and I see the 3 shares that are on the NAS as folders, but when I try and view the contents of the folder it's empty. When I view the same share view windows explorer via SMB using \\192.168.##.241\ShareName I can see the contents fine.

I have already reviewed the below KB article but the permissions already look to be correct.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/21486/~/i-cant-seem-to-access-certain-files-and-direct...

So maybe I’m missing something so below is the full configuration maybe you may be able to spot what’s wrong.

Telstra Standard Business Gateway Route Port Forwarding.

NAS FTP Protocol Settings

* The Masquerade as address is set to our static IP address provided by Telstra. The address in the screen shot is a made up one for security reasons because this is a public post forum.

Share FTP Settings

Share Permissions

Connected Via FileZilla

* All other connection settings left as default

Empty Share

As you can see the support share is empty and the backup share is also I just didn’t provide the picture of that share.

The documents share shows up also when the FTP protocol isn’t turned on for that share in the share access settings of the NAS.

What am I missing here as I can’t figure out what is wrong

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ICT_Team
Aspirant

Re: Shares Empty When Viewing Via FTP Connection in FileZila

Tried an OS Re-install on the unit but it didn't resolve the "The share operation failed 1002030001" error

Backed up the data on the NAS and did a factory defaults re-set. After setting up the unit the "The share operation failed 1002030001" error was no longer happening when changing the share access settings.

Now that I could change the settings I have fixed the access rights and I can upload and download to all my shares via FTP.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Looks like you have a v2 arm platform- unfortunately the NAS I am least familiar with.

Are you accessing the NAS using the static IP address? It is signaled when you use passive ports, and if the static IP doesn't work within your local lan it can get into the way.  FileZilla actually doesn't need the masquerade - it will automatically substitute the static address of the control connection when it sees a non-routable address signalled for the passive port.  So you could try turning that off.

Do you see files if you log on as admin instead of ftpadmin?

Message 2 of 6
turnerpunk
Aspirant

I'm not sure if your version is the same as mine, but check out each individual share.  Along with the network access options, there is also a section for File access on mine.  Check the security settings there and make sure nothing is awry!  Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 6
ICT_Team
Aspirant

Unit: ReadyNAS Duo v2

Firmware: RAIDiator 5.3.11

- Yes we are using a static IP address to connect to the NAS over the internet. eg 101.102.103.104:24120

- Turned off the masquerade at the static IP but didn't help still setting empty shares.

- Tried the admin user but still empty shares.

- Deleted the ftpadmin user and tried again using the admin user but still empty shares.

Whenever I try and change the share access settings for one of the shares under the shares section I get the following error.

The share operation failed 1002030001

I get this error whether I'm accessing the NAS web console remotely or from a computer on the local network.

Did a reboot on the NAS and now I can see the stuff in the shares but when I try to upload a file I get the following.

Response: Operation not permitted

Error: Critical file transfer error

I did a test of a download from the NAS and that worked fine just can't seam to upload.

Message 4 of 6
ICT_Team
Aspirant

Found the problem with not being able to upload as the everyone share access is set to read only but it's doesn’t seem to be changing because of that error I’m getting.

The share operation failed 1002030001

Message 5 of 6
ICT_Team
Aspirant

Tried an OS Re-install on the unit but it didn't resolve the "The share operation failed 1002030001" error

Backed up the data on the NAS and did a factory defaults re-set. After setting up the unit the "The share operation failed 1002030001" error was no longer happening when changing the share access settings.

Now that I could change the settings I have fixed the access rights and I can upload and download to all my shares via FTP.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements