× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

problem between Utorrent and NAS

ReadyNDSI
Aspirant

problem between Utorrent and NAS

OKay... so I wanted to download with Utorrent on PC to NAS... (reason bittorrent downloads everything from scratch makes ratio hurting with updating files as it downloads every file since it does not do a filescan/check.)
I only download from private trackers.
But now I run into the following error/problem...

Dutch: (Fout: Aanmeldingsfout: onbekende gebruikersnaam of ongeldig wachtwoord.)
English: (error: login error: unknown username or unknown password.) [roughtly translated]

So how can it be solved?

ps. running on a ReadyNAS Duo, it worked before... i just puzzled to how/why/what happend.

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 5
sphardy1
Apprentice

Re: problem between Utorrent and NAS

What is generating the error? If uTorrent on your PC I'm unsure how this is a ReadyNAS issue
Message 2 of 5
ReadyNDSI
Aspirant

Utorrent is on my PC.

What I do is:

1. Utorrent is always running 24/7, (since my PC runs 24/7 aswell)
2. I go to a private tracker and select a torrent, and the torrent is loaded into Utorrent.
3. I select the NAS location as download location.
4. after significant amount of time the message appears:

Dutch: (Fout: Aanmeldingsfout: onbekende gebruikersnaam of ongeldig wachtwoord.)
English: (error: login error: unknown username or unknown password.) [roughtly translated]

5. no other torrent client is running.
Message 3 of 5
ewok
NETGEAR Expert

Any problems accessing the NAS outside of uTorrent?
Message 4 of 5
ReadyNDSI
Aspirant

Nope, well had a small downtime with FTP, but after a bit of fiddle it worked again, so does utorrent recreated shortcuts and what not. also it's nice to see download speed ~10mb/s to NAS rather then the internal bittorrent client with a max of 2mb/s 😄 alot happier again now
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements