× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CrashPlan for small business on OS6 - step by step instructions

tony359
Apprentice

CrashPlan for small business on OS6 - step by step instructions

Hello everybody

I've just managed to install CrashPlan for small business on my legacy ReadyNas Pro6 running OS6 and I've made a guide for future reference. Thank you to CarlEdman and SSteenvoorden for the assistance - I've only put together their help on this guide.

I'm linking a PDF file which I can keep up-to-date easily on my side. I'm also attaching it to this post for future reference but I reckon I won't be able to edit this post afterwards so please have a look at the link instead.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if something is wrong on the guide, I am no Linux expert!!

Link to the most up to date filehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/vvh6ae964nq4927/CrashPlan_for_small_business_6.pdf?dl=0

Message 1 of 3
JohnCM_S
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: CrashPlan for small business on OS6 - step by step instructions

Hi tony359,

Thank you for making and sharing this guide. We appreciate your contribution to the community.

Feel free to post any suggestions, questions, recommendations or anything about your NAS that you think needs attention or will help others.

Regards,

Message 2 of 3
tony359
Apprentice

Re: CrashPlan for small business on OS6 - step by step instructions

Happy to help, John!

It looks that my cunning plan of just replacing the remote file on Dropbox is not going to work - Dropbox issues a new ID every time the file is replaced.

I'll use my domain then, I can get more control there.

New link the the most recent file: www.cinematech.it/MyLinks/CrashPlan_for_small_business_6.pdf

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements