× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I enable the Recycle Bin?

ilikewaffles
Follower

How do I enable the Recycle Bin?

I have a ReadyNAS 102 running firmware 6.4.0. I use it as a central file share/storage for multiple users. I'd like to have a recycle bin, similar to what I'm used to with Windows, so if someone deletes a file by accident we can recover it. Can someone tell  me if this feature exists and how to enable it? We access the NAS on the local network with Windows Explorer (Windows 10). Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: How do I enable the Recycle Bin?

There is no network recycle bin in standard OS 6 systems, but it is possible to create on with ssh.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Using-your-ReadyNAS/Can-Recycle-Bin-be-enabled-for-CIFS-and-OS-6-1-...

Before you try that though...  OS6 snapshots gives you a somewhat similar feature.   So you might want to look into that first.

Message 2 of 3
BrianL2
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How do I enable the Recycle Bin?

Hi ilikewaffles,

Welcome to the community!

On OS6, we don't use Recycle Bin but we have Snapshots. Deleted files can be easily recovered using this feature. Check these articles and it'll help you understand what this feature does.

How do I recover data from a snapshot on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system to a network-attached devic...

What are basic Snapshot concepts I need to understand before operating my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage syst...

How do I delete snapshots using the recovery mode on my ReadyNAS OS 6 storage system?

Kind regards,

BrianL
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements