× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A6100 no longer works after Netgear Genie update

Juergen_H
Follower

A6100 no longer works after Netgear Genie update

I bought the A6100 in late November so that I could connect my Windows 10 desktop PC to my router without putting down a very lengthy network cable, and it worked to my satisfaction. Until, that is, this morning when I was informed that there was an update for the Netgear Genie software available.

I installed it as prompted, but after installation my wireless connection was gone. Furthermore, Netgear Genie no longer detects any wireless network in the area (for the sake of comparison, my smart phone detects 13). And when I create a diagnostics file (relevant portion is attached - sadly, I haven't figured out how to create one in English), it claims that the A6100 is separated ("Medium getrennt"). Which makes no sense to me, since (a) the Windows Device Manager lists it, and (b) Netgear Genie still tries to use the "Push 'N' Connect" function when I press the "WPS" button on the A6100 (sadly, my wireless router doesn't support it).

I've restored network connectivity with a 10m LAN cable, but I'd prefer to find a solution to this that doesn't involve a tripping hazard in my apartment. Any suggestions?   😉

Additional information:

- According to the Windows Device Manager, the driver for the A6100 is up to date (1030.25.701.2017)

- Yes, I did restart the computer, and it didn't help.

Model: A6100|AC600 WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: A6100 no longer works after Netgear Genie update

Hi @Juergen_H

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please uninstall and re-install the driver. You can click this link to download the latest driver 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Juergen_H

Welcome to NETGEAR Community! 

Please uninstall and re-install the driver. You can click this link to download the latest driver 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 2 of 3
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Juergen_H

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7