× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 has to install everytime I open my laptop

jszima
Aspirant

A7000 has to install everytime I open my laptop

Just bought the new Nighthawk A7000 USB WiFi adapter to take advantage of its 1.3GBPS speed and so far I am happy with one exception, evrytime I reopen my laptop it has to reinstall the device.  This takes a few minutes and is super annoying.

I had this issue with my former adapter (A6210) until somone on this forum provided me with a different driver which fixed the issue.

I'm currently using the latest standalone 1.0.0.11 drivers from Netgear's site.  Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
jszima
Aspirant

Re: A7000 has to install everytime I open my laptop

Just a quick update on this issue.  I recently did a clean Windows install and I revisited this and found the soultion.  

The problem appears to have been an issue with windows switching between USB 2 & 3. Similar to the issue many people were having with not being able to stay on 5G networks.   

I used the simply fix here and it works perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhMSdv3-Xs

As soon as I open my laptop it is already connected to my network and there is no re-installing of the drivers necessary, been a long time since this was the case!

Unfortnately with my new Windows update I'm only able to use the driver version 1.0.0.10.  The newest version won't install and I'm currenty looking for a fix for this.  Details in another post.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
jszima
Aspirant

Just a little bump to see if anyone has any ideas as I still havent found a solution.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
jszima
Aspirant

Just a quick update on this issue.  I recently did a clean Windows install and I revisited this and found the soultion.  

The problem appears to have been an issue with windows switching between USB 2 & 3. Similar to the issue many people were having with not being able to stay on 5G networks.   

I used the simply fix here and it works perfectly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELhMSdv3-Xs

As soon as I open my laptop it is already connected to my network and there is no re-installing of the drivers necessary, been a long time since this was the case!

Unfortnately with my new Windows update I'm only able to use the driver version 1.0.0.10.  The newest version won't install and I'm currenty looking for a fix for this.  Details in another post.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7