× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

A7000 ongoing support or EOL?

Tom444
Apprentice

A7000 ongoing support or EOL?

Is the A7000 going to have ongoing support or is it EOL with all these issues under Windows 10?

Constantly loosing connection, over and over.

I've been through the whole disable Run Switching, Power, various Advancd options, clean install of Windows 10 and it can't hold a stable connection longer than 10mins. Tried all version of the drivers from 10 to 15, nothing.....

I can buy an Edimax $27AU USB 2.0 that outperforms the A7000, just that they burn out after 8-9 months pushing 400GB per month through them, but they just plug in and works under 2 mins.

Spent way too much time on an expensive device with no support and it looks like the rest of the world has too on this device.

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 8

Re: A7000 ongoing support or EOL?

At two years old, the A7000 is nowhere near EOL.

The latest drivers may be a year old, but they should work until Microsoft does something to break the device.

What tells you that the A7000 is the cause of your issues?

Message 2 of 8
Tom444
Apprentice

Google the A7000 and issues.

Lots of people having the same issues as me.

Even here on the Forums people are having the same issues.

So what makes you think it is not an issue with the drivers?

There is NO Support for this device from Netgear, all the various thing you can try to resolve the issues have come from end users.

What Gives?

Message 3 of 8
Tom444
Apprentice

Please Provide the correct driver version & advanced settings that work and I doubt it will.

But please Advise it.

Message 4 of 8
SFSBTJ
Aspirant

having the exact same issue. Device worked fine for a few months and now it cant hold a connection. Same thing happened with my other netgear adapter....

Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 5 of 8

A completely off the wall idea, has anyone tried running this device without any Netgear drivers?

It may be that the generic drivers that come with Windows can hack it.

This is certainly true of some older USB adapters.

After all, the chips in these adapters are not unique to Netgear. It just packages them in its hardware.

For example, I have an Edimax adapter that has Realtek chips and drivers.

Message 6 of 8
SFSBTJ
Aspirant

Unfortunately, the a7000 does not work without netgear drivers..At all. I paid about 65 dollars for a product that never worked as intended and now can't even hold a connection for longer than 3 minutes. I don't even know why I made an account and posted on these forums. I have yet to see one issue resolved, only temp fixes by end users. Crazy.

Message 7 of 8
Tom444
Apprentice

Been there, have tried, but the chipset drivers refuse to work under Windows.

The drivers Netgear supply are from Realtek anyway.

You can try to install the drivers without all the other Netgear stuff, various YouTube videos on this, but does not make any difference to me.

Edimax while cheap and short life span, just work fine.

I bought the A7000 thinking it was going give a longer life span, but it's deaf and faillure to keep connection is beyond me. I should have just kept buying Edimax for the price.

A pane of glass stops the A7000 from connecting, Edimax no issue at all.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7