× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Adapter keeps connecting and disconnecting

Jencarna
Novice

Adapter keeps connecting and disconnecting

I use my adapter to connect to the school's internet (our school now requires us to connect to the internet) and this morning I encountered a problem.

I'm looking at my internet connections right now and my network adapter keeps disappearing and reappearing every 3 seconds

I am also looking at device manager and each time it disconnects device manager refreshes and NETGEAR A6100 WiFi Adapter still remains, and only disappears if I physically take the USB out.

It was working perfectly before and I can't think of anything that may of caused this. I normally just take it out of my computer after each lesson and put it in a small plastic bag, safe from harm.

I have tried updating it and I am using an ASUS F550WA 15inch touchscreen notebook. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Adapter keeps connecting and disconnecting

I would un-install it and delete all drivers and associated adapter program. Then reboot and reinstall. If same problem again I would suspect the adapter has failed, test on another device and check for driver updates.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7