× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Automatic Connection Setting

pmenzies
Follower

Automatic Connection Setting

Purchased the WNDA3100 USB wireless adapter and connected it to my laptop.  When I connect to my wireless network it works fine.  However, after a few seconds the unit scans and connects to a different wireless network.  When going down into network adapter/wireless unit/status screen settings I disable the connect automatically function but as soon as I reconnect to a wireless network the problem reoccurs.  When I return to the network adapter/wireless unit/status screen the connect automatically box is checked again.  This happens over and over.  I have un/reinstalled the unit several times and it indicates that I have the latest drivers.  Is anyone else having this problem, and if so are there any know fixes.  On a Dell laptop and Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for the help.    

Model: WNDA3100|RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter
Message 1 of 2

Re: Automatic Connection Setting

@pmenzies wrote:

However, after a few seconds the unit scans and connects to a different wireless network. 

What is this other network? What happens if you tell the PC to forget it?

Have you been into Windows to "Manage known networks" and removed the one you don't want?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7