× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N-300 Wireless USB Adapter wn111 won't install after win 10 update

frodo09
Aspirant

N-300 Wireless USB Adapter wn111 won't install after win 10 update

This adapter was working fine with Win 10 until a Microsoft Win 10 update installed and suddenly I have no internet connection and I can't get the adapter to re-install. It gets to the point of "detecting the wifi adapter", the dialog box flashes several time then says unable to locate adapter. Are there updated drivers out there that I can download on my working computer to a flash drive then instal on my disabled computer?

Model: WN111v2|RangeMax Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter|EOL
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: N-300 Wireless USB Adapter wn111 won't install after win 10 update

Hi frodo09,

The adapter no longer supports latest versions of Windows. This is also an EoL device and no more software will be released for latest Windows OS.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi frodo09,

The adapter no longer supports latest versions of Windows. This is also an EoL device and no more software will be released for latest Windows OS.

Message 2 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi frodo09,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 3 of 4
frodo09
Aspirant

I got the answer I needed but not what I wanted. I have 2 of these adapters that are now useless to me. Now I have to spend money I can't afford to get new adapters. I'm not going with Netgear, that's for sure. They just leave you hanging when Microsoft does an upgrade. That sux!

Thanks for getting me an answer.

Model: WN111v1|N300 Wireless USB Adapter|EOL
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7