This topic has been marked solved and closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.
2012-09-19 01:02 PM - last edited on 2015-07-19 02:55 PM by nglpem
I have a WNCE2001 wireless adapter that has worked for couple of months.
Now, the power LED is blinking green instead of being solid... usb powered or AC plugged...
I tried to access to it throught http://www.mywifiext.net but cannot connect.
Factory reset didn't worked.
I tried to push again the firmware using "tftp -i ip@ put firmware_file" following instructions found here : http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898
Anyone got an idea why it is doing that? what could I do to fix it ?
Solved! Go to Solution.
2016-05-07 10:56 AM
I am a Mac user and did not see any reference to how to do the fix discussed by jalloma2. However, I was able to apply this fix from a Mac.
A couple of observations.
1. I use a MacBook air without an ethernet port. I found an older MacBook pro at work that has an ethernet port and used that machine. You can also purchase a USB to Ethernet adapter at Best Buy, the Apple Store, etc. - not expensive.
2. The link to the CNET website to download the TFTP Cient has an option to download a Mac version. You can also get the tFTP client at the Apple App Store. It works!
3. When configuring your Mac, use Network in the System Preferences ("gear wheel") app. Use the same settings for IP address, etc. specified by jalloma2. NOTE: After setting the IP address manually (and be sure to turn off WiFi on your machine), I tried to ping the WNCE2001 using the Terminal utility and I could not reach the unit; message was "timed out". IGNORE THIS.
4. In the Address field in the TFTP (Send) client, use 192.168.1.251. Press "File" and navigate to where you have downloaded the Firmware and then Start. THE WNCE2001 CAN BE FLASHED WITH THE NEW FIRMWARE EVEN IF THE PING COMMAND FAILED!!!!!
5. To test the success, with wifi still off on your computer, go to "mywifiext.net" from your browser. It will open and check that your firmware is correctly loaded an correct version (V184.108.40.206NA)
Hope that helps all you Mac users out there. Would also like to add my thanks to jalloma2 for a great post. BTW, I use this unit to connect my solar panels to my wireless network for monitoring purposes.
2012-09-26 11:08 PM
2012-10-07 05:32 PM
2012-10-23 09:32 AM
2012-11-13 04:35 AM
2012-11-25 05:37 AM