× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless adapter Netgear A6210 ac and 5ghz problems

Elfaia
Follower

Wireless adapter Netgear A6210 ac and 5ghz problems

Hi, been having trouble of late with my A6210 adapter. Even using the latest driver version (1.0.0.36 as of today), both windows and netgear's genie cannot detect the 5ghz network of my router, just the 2.4ghz one. When I uninstall the driver and genie, it connects to 5ghz fine BUT only on 802.11n instead of ac. Any advice?

OS is windows 10 64 bit home (supposedly compatible with latest driver)

Router is Asus RT-AC1200G+

Router Settings:

Wifi5G.png

I have tried playing around with the control channels and channel bandwidth to no effect, also setting wireless mode to n/ac mixed ( there is no option for ac only for this router). No luck. Have also tried changing the network adapter's settings in Windows too (USB speed max 3.0, etc) but I still get this:

WifiProtocol.png

As you can see I have uninstalled the adapter driver to be able to connect to 5ghz so the device is showing up as "802.11ac Wireless Lan Card". How do I force this adapter to connect with ac only? To confirm it is not a router issue, I plugged in an old adapter I had (some TPlink model) and it connected with ac just fine.

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
nescogear
Aspirant

Re: Wireless adapter Netgear A6210 ac and 5ghz problems

ya pure garbage, buy something that actually works. Mine today suddennly decided to unsee 5GHz network. Just because I plugged USB cable out, and then plugged it back in.

Win10 hotspot still not working... whatta waste of time and money

Message 2 of 4
nescogear
Aspirant

Oh did I mention that even system restore does not work. 5GHz remains invisible. Hillarious!

Message 3 of 4
nescogear
Aspirant

aaand suddenly its working again. that is after leaving windows 10 to sit idly at desktop for an hour.

as to your problem OP, "802.11ac Wireless Lan Card". driver did not bring any luck to me.

right now (as before) 5GHz ac connection is working with default netgear's standalone  1.0.0.36 driver aka "NETGEAR A6210 WiFi USB3.0 Adapter"

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7