× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless adapter loses connection

Tj2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Wireless adapter loses connection

Hello,

Recently put a PC together and was looking into wireless networking soloutions. I purchased this adapter and plugged in to a USB3.0 port. The adapter randomly disconnects from the internet and I can either run the windows troubleshooter and it will reset the adapter, or I can remove it from the port for a few mments and then reconnect it. 

So far I have done some reasearch and preformed the following steps.

1. I installed the proper driver with the NETGEAR Genie application.

2. I stopped and disabled the NETGEAR port service. I found that others have had some sucess with this step reportedly because the adapter switches from USB2.0 to 3.0 often.

3. I instaalled in a USB 2.0 port and have still had the same problems. 

4. I have changed power settings where possible to prevent the USB selective suspend action. Networking adapters are set to maximum preformance.

I am attempting to connect to my 5GHz home WIFI network (I have a 2.4GHz channel to use if required but I purchased this product for the speed offered by my ISP and connected home). 

My configuration is as follows:

Socket AM4 motherboard X570 chipset.

Windows 10 64bit installed and updated current.

My local store did not have a large selection of PCI add in cards which may be more reliable. I want to see if I can find a soloution with this device before I decide to try another hardware option.

Thank you,

Tim

Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 3
ander999
Aspirant

Re: Wireless adapter loses connection

Am having the same issue. No ones been able to help.

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 2 of 3
Tj2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Re: Wireless adapter loses connection

I am afraid that after some other changes, nothing helped. I literally went thrugh every option even if it did not make sense and I still had the conneciton issue. I ended up moving things around in the room and running CAT6 to the onboard LAN adapter and problem solved. I took the wireless adapter back for a refund. I usually have good luck with netgear products but this one just was not working.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7