× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

1 of 4 apple products will not connect to internet through extender

DrJosh
Aspirant

1 of 4 apple products will not connect to internet through extender

I have had this extender for several years and have had no problems until recently.  We have 2 iPhones (both 11s), an iMac and MacAir.  All but 1 of the iPhones connects to the internet through the extender using either the 2GHz or 5GHz network without difficutly.  The remaining iPhone will connect to the extender but gets no internet connection.  The phone can connect wirelessly without difficulty using the modem.  I have tried resetting the extender.  I have tried 'forgetting' both networks and reinstalling them on the phone.  Nothing has worked.  I reviewed previous discussions and found that this is not a unique problem but no one appears to have found an answer yet.  Any suggestions?

Model: EX6200|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DrJosh
Aspirant

Re: 1 of 4 apple products will not connect to internet through extender

For unknow reasons, before I had a chance to re-install the extender and after 3 days of no internet connection on my phone from the extender, the problem spontaneously corrected itself.  I am posting this for future reference.  If the problem occurs again, I will re-install the extender using the Wizard.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

what router are you connecting it to? 

What extender are you using?

Firmware on the extender? 

did you set it up via wps or the installation wizard?

Message 2 of 5
DrJosh
Aspirant

Our carrier is xfinity.

Router is Arris Model TG1682G

Extender is Netgear EX6200

To the best of my knowledge, no firmwar on the extender

I set it up via WPS are I reset the extender to its initial settings

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

i would try re-installing the extender by using the installation wizard and not via wps. 

Message 4 of 5
DrJosh
Aspirant

For unknow reasons, before I had a chance to re-install the extender and after 3 days of no internet connection on my phone from the extender, the problem spontaneously corrected itself.  I am posting this for future reference.  If the problem occurs again, I will re-install the extender using the Wizard.  Thank you.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7