× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC1900 Range Extender Help Please

Danb77
Follower

AC1900 Range Extender Help Please

Hello all,

I bought a Ac1900 to be my main range extender replacing my amped wireless as the nighthalk has better coverage. All works fine with that. Now I’m trying to connect my almond and amped wireless extenders to the nighthalk to cover the areas that the nighthalk needs help with, and they will neither one establish a connection with it.

My old setup was the amped wireless as the main extender, with the almonds connecting to it to cover the other missed areas better. I need help identifying why the new ac1900 nighthalk will not allow other extenders to connect to it.

Thanks for the help

D
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: AC1900 Range Extender Help Please

@Danb77 wrote:

My old setup was the amped wireless as the main extender, with the almonds connecting to it to cover the other missed areas better. I need help identifying why the new ac1900 nighthalk will not allow other extenders to connect to it.

The extender has no idea that the amped is an extender, as far as it can tell it's just another client device.  So it will allow a daisy-chained extender - something else must be wrong with the setup.  Perhaps the security mode???

FWIW, daisy-chaining through an extender isn't ideal, the extra hop will reduce the overall throughput.  If the other extenders can make a decent connection to the main router, then you should do that instead.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7