× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

AC750 wifi range extender Model EX3800

car123
Follower

AC750 wifi range extender Model EX3800

I have set up the extender and connected to router, but when I link to _2GEXT or _5GEXT, and put in my wifi password, it says that the password is invalid.  I know it isnt.  I have turned router off and left for a while and started process again, but everytime I try to link with the extender, via computer, ipad or xbox, it doesn't connect due to invalid password.  can you help please?

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: AC750 wifi range extender Model EX3800

What is the Mfr and model# of the router? This router have Smart Connect? 

What kind of PW are you using? Complex? Try setting a very simple one on the router then set up the EX extender again to see what happens. 

@car123wrote:

I have set up the extender and connected to router, but when I link to _2GEXT or _5GEXT, and put in my wifi password, it says that the password is invalid.  I know it isnt.  I have turned router off and left for a while and started process again, but everytime I try to link with the extender, via computer, ipad or xbox, it doesn't connect due to invalid password.  can you help please?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series