× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Best products for extending wifi between buildings

luckycat889
Initiate

Best products for extending wifi between buildings

Hello Community,

Right now I've got a Netgear cable model/wifi router (DOCSIS 3.0/ac). I would like to extend/bridge this wifi network to another building, perhaps 125 ft away. There is a clear view of sight, between the buildings; the building are not exactly facing each other, but I can see the second building at approximately 45deg angle. Meaning, I could put something in the window in each building and it would be a clear view between them.

I've got a 250mbit ISP connection, so I wouldn't necessarily need to upgrade my modem, but I would be open for any equipment upgrades necessary for a reliable wifi extension.

Basically, my question is; what would be the recommended equipment I need to accomplish the above?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Best products for extending wifi between buildings

You could try an extender but for that disance, I'd recommend a point to point system. You can find them on amazon or Netgear makes a version called airbridge

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You could try an extender but for that disance, I'd recommend a point to point system. You can find them on amazon or Netgear makes a version called airbridge

Message 2 of 3
luckycat889
Initiate

Right, I think I will try out Airbridge, it's claiming 500 mbit/s at 166 m distance, which should suffice. Thanks for the piece of advice!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7