× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can I connect Powerline Ethernet into my Nighthawk?

Curlie028
Star

Can I connect Powerline Ethernet into my Nighthawk?

Not sure if I am able to explain my query as I am very tech limited but here goes.

I have a Netgear WiFi Booster Range Extender AC3000 (EX8000). I have bought a Powerline WiFi Adaptor Extender/Booster and was wondering can I run a signal from the router, through the powerline and then connect my Nighthawk extender to that powerline via ethernet and then send the wifi signal (and/or ethernet) out from the Nighthawk?

So it would be Router to Powerline "transmitter" via ethernet cable (happens to be in spare bedroom) - signal runs through powerline to a socket with a powerline plug in kitchen - then Nighthawk to recieve signal via an ethernet cable from the powerline plug in kitchen - wifi and ethernet signal out of Nighthawk.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Can I connect Powerline Ethernet into my Nighthawk?

yes you can connect an extender to the router using powerline. You'd just need to re-run setup on the extender and set it up in access point mode. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
plemans
Guru

yes you can connect an extender to the router using powerline. You'd just need to re-run setup on the extender and set it up in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 6
Curlie028
Star

Excellent plemans. I will try to do that and see if it helps.

Message 3 of 6
Curlie028
Star

plemans, can I use any of the 4 ethernet ports on the Nighthawk or is there one that "receives" and the other 3 transmit? Sorry if that is a stupid question.

Message 4 of 6
plemans
Guru

You can use any of them. 

Message 5 of 6
Curlie028
Star

Thanks again. You a very helpful.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7