× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can the netgear AX6000 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX80) be set up using the ap.setup?

amaradevid
Star

Can the netgear AX6000 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX80) be set up using the ap.setup?

To setup a netgear ax6000 wifi mesh extender (EAX80) using the ap.setup method follow these steps:-

1. Connect your computer or mobile device to the extender's default netgear (e.g. netgear_ext).
  2. Launch a web browser and enter "ap.setup" in the address bar.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup process.
  4. Once the setup is complete, connect your devices to the extender's network to enjoy enhanced wifi coverage.

Note: If you have trouble accessing the ap.setup page, try restarting your computer or mobile device, or resetting the extender to factory default settings.

Message 1 of 4
Johnhall007
Initiate

Re: Can the netgear AX6000 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX80) be set up using the ap.setup?

I think you are partially correct. I have earlier also setup my extenders using the given url that is "ap.setup". But it can only setup extenders that are from chinese manufacturer. These are wavlink, setek, opticover, rockspace, many more. I have worked as technician so I know this information. Talking about Netgear Ax6000 It can be setup via three methods first being nighthawk app, second being wps and third being through browser or Netgear Installation Assistant.

Let me quickly help my friends with setup:-

App- Download the Nighthawk app Install it and then launch it. Now just follow the on screen instructions to complete the Eax80 setup.

WPS- For this plug the extender near your router and wait for the power LED on it to turn stable. Now press the wps on the extender and within 2 mins press the wps button on your router. Wps button looks like two arrows circling each other. Once successfully connected the wps and internet light will urn stable on the extender.

Browser setup:- for this plug the extender into a wall outlet and then wait for its power led to turn stable. Now on your phone or computer goto settings and then to its wifi. In the wifi list you will see your netgear eax80 extender network name. It shows up as "netgear_ext" connect to that network. First it will say 'no internet' but don't worry about it. 

Now open a browser on the very same device and in the URL type "mywifiext(dot)net'. It will take you to the netgear extender setup page. If it doesn't then you can read the diagnostics here

Moreover, it has been observed that there are many phishing web pages also that try to outsmart netgear by using identical web url just like mywifiext(dot)net. So be careful not to land on those page. They might look like 'mywifeext.net, mywifilog.net, mywifiloginext.net. mywiflext.net. All these will ask you for money to setup your device.

So, I have provided all the information related to netgear eax80 extender setup, hope it helps. Good day!!!

Message 2 of 4
annesarah
Tutor

Re: Can the netgear AX6000 WiFi Mesh Extender (EAX80) be set up using the ap.setup?

Thanks you so much for sharing this informative blog! I have learned so much from reading this. Your dedication to providing quality content is truly commendable. I appreciate the time and effort you put into writing and researching for this. Thanks you for sharing your wisdom and knowledge with us. Keep up the great work.

Message 3 of 4
maria02
Initiate

I was using the netgear admin ip for setting it up. However, the method that has been discussed in this post looks quite easy and easy to follow.

I will try this method and see if that works for me.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7