× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connecting AC1200 EX6150-100NAS Range Extender to Ring Video Doorbell

anupambanerji
Aspirant

Connecting AC1200 EX6150-100NAS Range Extender to Ring Video Doorbell

I connected my AC1200 range extender to my FiOS router yesterday and my iPhone and Mac had no trouble connecting to the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands on the range extender.  When I tried to connect my Ring Doorbell, however, it only detected the 2.4GHz band, and couldn't connect to the range extender.  It connected to my FiOS router just fine, but the range means that the doorbell has a poor connection.

This is why I purchased the range extender in the first place.  Has someone managed to successfully do this before?  I'd hate to return the range extender, but I may need to.

Thanks. 

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
anupambanerji
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, Dexter.

After spending 30 minutes with the Ring support team, they fixed the issue by factory resetting the video doorbell and the product re-connected to the extender without issue.  It works just fine, and I don't get connection droputs at all.

The trick is to switch over from the router to the range extender by resetting the Ring device, which isn't explicity metnioned in the instructions, and I'm happy to say the Range Extender works without issue.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @anupambanerji,

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Checking on the Ring Doorbell specs linked below, it looks like it is a single band device and can only connect to the 2.4GHz.

https://shop.ring.com/products/video-doorbell

3. Please make sure that the credentials (i.e. WiFi password is correct during setup procedure) are correct.

4. Have you tried changing the wireless channel for the 2.4GHz band on your main router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
anupambanerji
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply, Dexter.

After spending 30 minutes with the Ring support team, they fixed the issue by factory resetting the video doorbell and the product re-connected to the extender without issue.  It works just fine, and I don't get connection droputs at all.

The trick is to switch over from the router to the range extender by resetting the Ring device, which isn't explicity metnioned in the instructions, and I'm happy to say the Range Extender works without issue.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @anupambanerji,

Thank you for the update and confirmation. Glad to know you got it working.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7