× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Connection drops after X number of hours on ex7300

Logprof
Aspirant

Connection drops after X number of hours on ex7300

Since purchasing the ex7300 I have to reboot it daily to get signal to my wifi devices through the ext network of 2.5 g or 5 g. Someone told me that the reason is as follows:

'my cable router max mpbs is 360 mpbs.

the nighthawk is set to receive 600 and 1300 from the factory.

so, basically I am being told from tech support that the extender needs more speed then my router is capable of putting out therefore after a few hours it loses connectivity with the router.

is that true, that an extender can need a minimum mpbs to operate?

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 Wall-plug Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Logprof
Aspirant

So, I solved my problem, I performed the following steps:

1 - reset the extender to factory settings

2 - followed the instructions from the beginning

3 - when told to connect to the net gear network, I hard wired to a laptop versus a wireless device

4 - configured both of my wifi ext networks perfectly

5 - been using the extended 2 g and 5 g since Saturday evening without any interruptions

6 - I only get 350 Mbps on my router, 2 g ext speed is 55 Mbps, 5g ext is posting 110mbps downstairs, now I feel like it's the best extender just received lousy net gear tech support.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Logprof

I would try changing wireless channels to see if the drop off stops happening or maybe put the extender in a different spot.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
ldean
Aspirant

I have the same problem and have moved the extender to multiple locations. Also not sure why it doesn't just automatically reconnect once it drops. I have to unplug it and replug before it will reconnect. 

Message 3 of 6
Logprof
Aspirant

I did discover that the 5gext network was on a channel different from the 5g wifi, I made them match but still didn't solve my problem.

Message 4 of 6
Logprof
Aspirant

So, I solved my problem, I performed the following steps:

1 - reset the extender to factory settings

2 - followed the instructions from the beginning

3 - when told to connect to the net gear network, I hard wired to a laptop versus a wireless device

4 - configured both of my wifi ext networks perfectly

5 - been using the extended 2 g and 5 g since Saturday evening without any interruptions

6 - I only get 350 Mbps on my router, 2 g ext speed is 55 Mbps, 5g ext is posting 110mbps downstairs, now I feel like it's the best extender just received lousy net gear tech support.

Message 5 of 6
ldean
Aspirant

Thanks. I'll give that a try.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements