× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Connection hangs on Mac OSX

lolloso
Novice

Connection hangs on Mac OSX

Hello,

I received today the Netgear Trek PR2000.

I'm using it in router mode and I'm having some issues with my Mac.
After some minutes the router seems to freeze and I can't load any web pages. Even the web interface becomes unresponsive.

The strange thing is that with other devices, including an iPhone, everything seems to be ok while on my Mac web pages are stuck loading.

I suspect there may be a problem in the way DNS settings are passed from the router to the Mac, but even entering the DNS info directly into my Mac doesn't solve the issue.
I tried changing the router's DNS settings from my ISP ones to Google DNS but no luck.

I'm looking forward to a solution or a firmware upgrade (by the way, I'm already on the last one).

Thank.
Message 1 of 3
lolloso
Novice

Re: Connection hangs on Mac OSX

Hi,

I investigated further and I think I narrowed down the problem.

I'm currently using the Trek with just my Mac and iPhone. When the Mac is the only client, everything is fine.

The problems begin when I connect the iPhone. Specifically, connection freezes on my Mac when the iPhone is in idle state (black screen) because wifi is in standby. I activate the phone's screen, and my Mac's connection returns working normally.
Additionally, when i disable wifi from my phone's settings, the Mac's connection freeze takes place immediately.

So, it's the way the iPhone goes idle that freezes the Trek's wifi.

I keep waiting for any solution. Thanks.
Message 2 of 3
storm_2003
Novice

Re: Connection hangs on Mac OSX

Do you have the latest fw of this PR2000?
I suggest you backup your config file and then reset the device to factory default.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7