× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EAX20 extender will not connect

Jim-1021
Aspirant

EAX20 extender will not connect

My EAX20-100NAS  AX1800 connects but has no internet. Tried for 5 hours

Model: AX742|Prosafe 24 gigabit stacking kit
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: EAX20 extender will not connect

What router are you connecting to? 

Are you setting up via wps or the installation wizard?

I'd recommend the install wizard and not wps. 

What firmware is on the extender? 

How have you tried installing and what steps have you tried? "tried for 5 hours" doesn't tell us much. 

Message 2 of 6
Jim-1021
Aspirant

I have the Spectrum router Askey  RACZU1K,  I also have been online with a netgear support for over an hour. We reset the extender typed in the ip in the web address to enter setup. Went through every step and it finally showed up in the selections to choose from. But still says connected not internet secured. The netgear rep got fed up and said send it back.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Are you sure thats the model number of the router? I couldn't find any info on that model.

If its the: Askey RAC2V1K then its a model with known issues with extenders. and not on just netgear. see: https://community.tp-link.com/us/home/forum/topic/159613

Message 4 of 6
hmcdaniel11
Aspirant

AX1800 will not connect "Unable to find router". Attempting to Connect to Comcast XFSETUP-7478

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

@hmcdaniel11 wrote:

AX1800 will not connect "Unable to find router". Attempting to Connect to Comcast XFSETUP-7478

please start your own thread instead of jumping on someone elses. Then we'll be happy to help. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7