× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX2700 suddenly not working (no IP DHCP)

new_1
Initiate

EX2700 suddenly not working (no IP DHCP)

Hii there, 

my Wifi Extender EX2700 suddenly stopped working. There may have been a very brief main power failure that caused this. It hass worked fine for about 1 year. It is connected to a PACE5268AC ATT gateway modem on its 2.4GHz guest network. The modem admin interface says the EX2700 is inactive, status Off. There is a Wifi net visible wiith the name_EXT - but the error message when connecting is inccorect passwork or out of range.

I tried to connect into the EX2700 via LAN cable, however that does not get an IP address. 

Trying to connect mywifiext dot net via either wifi (when on the same network) or via LAN does not work. Trying to reach it via wifi on the last know IP address also does not work. 

The issue is the extender is not easily accessible (remote corner of the attic...). However I think I will have to get to it to factory reset. Or are there any other suggestions?

Thanks. 

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX2700 suddenly not working (no IP DHCP)

when trying to access it hardwired, did you try the 192.168.1.250 at all? its a default address for the extender. 

You can try that. If it doesn't work, then you would probably need a reset. 

Message 2 of 4
new_1
Initiate

Thank you, @plemans for the suggestion! No, I did not try that IP while hardwired - did not know 192.168.1.250 was the IP for myWifiExt dot net. However, I was able to resolve it by simply unplugging and plugging it back in. So somehow the short power cut had messed up the EX2700 DHCP, both for hardwired and wireless. In case anyone has a similar problem in a hard-to-acccess location: You can try to "reboot" by flipping a respective fuse in the circut breaker panel. I only had this idea afterwards...  

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

either way, glad to hear you got it working!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7