× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX2700 won't connect with a particular modem, but will with other modems

Twayscyc
Aspirant

EX2700 won't connect with a particular modem, but will with other modems

EX2700 connects with various modems but not the cable modem I need it to. Can place extender ontop on wireless router/modem and doesn't even see wifi network although 7 other devices as far as 1200 feet away do see the network. It is a WOW cable sytem modem/router/wifi. I think brand is Aveena. (This is at my vacation home and I am currently not there). Brought Netgear device home and works like a charm on 2 different WiFi netwoks.....Any ideas?...Tech Support was baffelled and suggested I contact the Cable Company........HELP!

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Twayscyc

Have you tried to factory reset the extender? or have you tried to change the wireless channel on the router.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Twayscyc
Aspirant

Yes, Tried multiple resets and finally gave up at vacation home and took Extender back to my main residence where it worked flawlessly with my WiFi network there.

We just got back to the vacation home so I reset the Extender and then followed the setup procedures and Voila!, There is the WiFi Network that refused to show last time! Works great!........Weird, huh?.... Maybe that's why I've been a Beta Tester of Internet Connectivity Web Sites & software sine the 1980's.......weird things like this happen to me quite a lot. I need to see if maybe channel on router Was changed....Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7