× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3110 – AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender

stanko2
Follower

EX3110 – AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender

HI

I have  install ex3110 whit the help of Netgear support person after installation I check the Speed it come only 50.7 mbps whit out extender go over 150mbps .I contact the Netgear support but I did not get anything back yet consrn my issue.

Any help about my issue?

Model: EX3110|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
nielsvds
Luminary

Re: EX3110 – AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender

When you performed the test did you also connected to the same band? At a longer distance speeds on the 5Ghz band will be lower. Try the same speedtest when connected to the 2,4 Ghz band. The extended network will be called "yourexistingwi-finame"_2GEXT. See what your result is now. What colour does the router LED has?

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX3110 – AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender

Extenders cut the throughput speeds in half for what they receive. This happens because they have to use the same chip to go router----extender and then extender----device. And they can't do both at once. And thats based off the speed they recieve. So because of distance, obstructions, interference, etc, its extender is already going to be receiving a reduced speed from the router. 

So if you're base speed from the router is 150mbps and because of distance/obstructions/etc, the extender is only picking up 100mbps, its only going to be putting out 50mbps. 

So you're speeds might actually be fairly spot on. 

Its the whole reason for the triband line of extenders and mesh systems. They have a dedicated wireless backhaul for router----extender communication. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7