× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX3700 5Ghz shows disabled

stmiranda
Tutor

EX3700 5Ghz shows disabled

Hello,

My apologies if this has been discussed. From the attached you can see the 5Ghz network is showing disabled and in the general settings there is no 5G option. Only the 2.4. Any idea how to correct this?

I'm a Xfinity xFi user and the 5Ghz network is working. I have devices connected to it.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: EX3700 5Ghz shows disabled

Essentially, the "disabled" is a bad wording - there should be an indication that your EX3700 is configured into FastLane mode instead - with the 5 GHz radio used for the uplink to the router, and only providing an AP on 2.4 GHz.

Head to the menu "Do more" -> "FastLane" ... convinced you find the EX3700 is set to FastLane mode .. so change it to the Basic mode.  Now you will have to establish connections to the router on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and SSID, and get both Access Point radios enabled.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
stmiranda
Tutor

The other image
Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Essentially, the "disabled" is a bad wording - there should be an indication that your EX3700 is configured into FastLane mode instead - with the 5 GHz radio used for the uplink to the router, and only providing an AP on 2.4 GHz.

Head to the menu "Do more" -> "FastLane" ... convinced you find the EX3700 is set to FastLane mode .. so change it to the Basic mode.  Now you will have to establish connections to the router on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and SSID, and get both Access Point radios enabled.

Message 3 of 4
stmiranda
Tutor

Brilliant -- thank you very much for the explaination. You were spot on. 

Cheers,

Steven

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7