× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 can't connect extender to my devices,authentication problem

ilze24
Follower

EX6120 can't connect extender to my devices,authentication problem

trying to connect my extender, but just not possible. Green lights are on by WPS LED 

Power LED

Router Link LED

but can't get green Device ink LED.

BUT when MY device (laptop, mobile phone)found extender, name appears as should be with existing network and EX ad the end, asking for the security key, when I am entering it my existing network key, password which is correct, that I contacted the router support too, appears -the network security key isn't right,, and nothing helps, trayed different extenders too.reconect and much more same appears and not possible to connect with extender network.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX6120 can't connect extender to my devices,authentication problem

Hi @ilze24,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. When you say "the network security key isn't right", does that mean you are getting an error indicating that the password is incorrect?

3. Please try accessing the extender UI to confirm if the password for the extender is correct. You can use the IP assigned by the router to the extender.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ilze24,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. When you say "the network security key isn't right", does that mean you are getting an error indicating that the password is incorrect?

3. Please try accessing the extender UI to confirm if the password for the extender is correct. You can use the IP assigned by the router to the extender.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @ilze24,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7