× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6120 constantly losing internet connection

Johnsaunders44
Aspirant

EX6120 constantly losing internet connection

I recently upgraded my firmware to 1.0.0.46 and my extender keeps losing internet connectivity. My smart thermostat and ring doorbell rely on the extender the most. The only solution to get back online is to unplug the extender and plug it back in which is becoming very annoying. I looked online and it says the issue is that I don’t have the latest firmware which should solve the issue but I do. Tomorrow I may try to factory reset it but then I don’t know what other options are out there besides replacing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Model: A6210|AC1200 High Gain WiFi USB Adapter
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6120 constantly losing internet connection

If the resetting doesn't work, try troubleshooting, and then if that doesn't work you can downgrade firmware.

Everything worked great prior to the update? Try the troubleshooting for extenders at the link provided. Maybe the firmware update changed what wifi channel you used and that one has interference. Or some other change caused a problem.

https://kb.netgear.com/25731/Troubleshooting-NETGEAR-WiFi-Range-Extenders

If that doesn't help at all you can downgrade your firmware. The link at the bottom will have the download link to get firmware. Where the current version is, there's a +view previous versions. This will have the older firmware. Follow the manual update procedure and use the older firmware. If at all possible do it over a hardwired connection. After the downgrade, reset the extender again. Then go through your setup. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6120.aspx

Message 2 of 4
Johnsaunders44
Aspirant

Looks like the factory reset did the job. My extender hasn’t lost connection since
Message 3 of 4
Johnsaunders44
Aspirant

Looks like the issue is back again...very frustrating because my ring doorbell and thermostat are down every time the extender goes offline...may look to buy a new one tomorrow
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7