× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX6120 green blinking power light

Glenn88
Aspirant

EX6120 green blinking power light

I installed the extender and set up my network.  After that process, I was asked if I wanted to update the firmware.  I had to step away for a few minutes after that started.  Afterwards, I saw only a green blinking light -no router or device light.  I have turned off/on and get a solid amber boot light, then blinking green light.  I have tried resetting to factory settings and nothing happens, just blinking green light continues.  Pushing the WPS button, nothiing happens -no blinking WPS light.  I have tried plugging in by ethernet with no results -no Device light.

My guess is something happened in the firmware update.  IS THIS DEVICE RECOVERABLE?

I went through trials when I had time to mess with it but now the 90 day warranty is expired.  I don't want to pay $49 for a phone call for a device that is available for $49.

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You could try to reflash the firmware via TFTP I linked below how to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

DarrenM

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

You could try to reflash the firmware via TFTP I linked below how to do this.

https://kb.netgear.com/22688/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
Glenn88
Aspirant

Thanks.  It took me two tries to get the settings correct but it updated the firmware and works like new.  The first trial I may not have waited long enough for the setup.

Dual Band WiFi Range Extender / EX6120 

Firmware: V1.0.0.32_1.0.21

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7