× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX6150v2 will not connect to Hitron CGNM Cable Modem

norvmark
Aspirant

EX6150v2 will not connect to Hitron CGNM Cable Modem

I moved the EX6150v2 Extender from one location to another.  Different residence, different cable modem/router. I defaulted the extender and started from base.  The extender will not make a connection to the modem/router.  I have tried reseting the extender several times.  I have tried WPS and the Installation Assistant.  The extender sees the modem SSIDs and recognizes the modem/router is set for WPA2-AES.  The Router Link LED never lights on the extender.  I feel like either the extender has died or the cable modem/router is preventing a connection.  Does the IP address of the extender need to be in the same range as the DHCP address range the modem/router hands out?  The default IP address of the extender is 192.168.1.250  The DHCP address range in the modem/router is 192.168.0.xxx  I am not using Access Control Lists.

AC1200 Model EX6150v2  Firmware V1.0.1.76

Hitron CGNM Cable Modem

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: EX6150v2 will not connect to Hitron CGNM Cable Modem

When you first setup the extender, it should pull a new ip address from the router. The 192.168.1.250 is just the default until the router assigns it an IP address. 

What actual hiltron is it? (model number from the label)

Message 2 of 3
norvmark
Aspirant

Re: EX6150v2 will not connect to Hitron CGNM-2252 Cable Modem

I thought I put the model of the Hitron but see that I did not.  It is provided by Sparklight and is the CGNM-2252  P/N 1510630024N0.  The extender sees the broadcast SSID and security protocols, but will not connect.  I think my problem is ether the configuration of the modem is preventing a connection or the extender is bad.  I just cannot confirm which it is.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7