× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: EX7000 Will Not Connect to Samsung Smart TV

Revolution9
Aspirant

EX7000 Will Not Connect to Samsung Smart TV

I'm having difficulty logging onto the Extender through my Samsung Smart TV.  My other devices can access the extender point, but not the TV.  I see both of the 5 and 2 options listed under the network choices available.  The password is correct.  It just wont connect.  Any help would be appreciated.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Bendeego
Guide

Hi,I had a similar problem with my LG smart tv ,,,I resolved it by going to a static address and changing the security settings,,,I am using the smart connection option 

Hope this helps 

Cheers 

Peter H

Message 2 of 4
Revolution9
Aspirant

Thanks so much for your reply.  I'll try that - but do I change the Security Settings on the extender, or on the TV?  Can you please walk me through step by step how to do that?  Sorry for my lameness, and I appreciate it!

Message 3 of 4
Bendeego
Guide

You change your security  settings on the extender,,I changed the security to the second choice,,,Wpa Pskov trip wpa2 Pskov aes,,,,and as I said I also chose to use a static address this is the one I would use first,,,if you google  how to select static address on the ex7000 it will step you thru how to do this,,you could also google how to change the security settings on the ex7000,,but try the static address first,,you may not have to change the security,,,

Good luck

cheers

Peter H

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series