× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX7500 2.4GHz and 5GHz band LED lights consistently blink causing intermittent wifi connection

bubsnews
Aspirant

EX7500 2.4GHz and 5GHz band LED lights consistently blink causing intermittent wifi connection

I have a brand new EX7500.  I'm 40 feet from wifi router with only one wall inbetween.

The left signal light is always solid blue.

The 2.4GHz light and the 5GHz light are either solid blue, amber or off completely.

Netgear support isn't being very helpful.

Any ideas?

I have band steering turned on my Linksys EA8300 router to enable mesh.  I cannot change channels.

Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: EX7500 2.4GHz and 5GHz band LED lights consistently blink causing intermittent wifi connection

have you tried to re position the unit at all to try and get a better signal?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
bubsnews
Aspirant

Re: EX7500 2.4GHz and 5GHz band LED lights consistently blink causing intermittent wifi connection

I thought I was clear.

I have no problem getting the signal to the extender, as the left signal light is always solid blue.

My problem is, even though the extender is getting the best signal from my wifi router, it isn't able to output a solid or consistent signal on either 2.4GHz or 5GHz.  Sometimes it outputs zero signal even though the signal it is receiving is the best possible, solid blue light.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7