× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

EX8000 Link Status LED OFF- Can't connect to R8000 Router

gatordw
Tutor

EX8000 Link Status LED OFF- Can't connect to R8000 Router

Hello I'm in relatively inexperienced when it comes to this realm. I have Xfinity 1.2Gbps download speed going to a CM2000 -> ethernet cord -> AC3200 R8000 -> X6S TriBand Extender EX8000.  Up until yesterday it all worked fine. After restarting my internet after a huge download from a device connected wirelessly to my EX8000, it hasn't worked correctly.  Currently, the router works fine, and the 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi networks are on and working. However my EX8000 is not working correctly. The "Link Status LED" is off, the "Maximum throughput LED" is off, and the "5Ghz LED" is off.  The only LEDs that are on are the "2.4Ghz" and "WPS LED." They're both solid white. I have a device connected with a CAT6 ethernet to the EX8000 that is not getting any internet. I tried resetting the modem, router, and extender all multiple times. I also reconnected the EX8000 to the R8000 using the WPS buttons method but that did not help either. Any help is appreciated I don't know what to do. IMG_2365.jpeg

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: EX8000 Link Status LED OFF- Can't connect to R8000 Router

when you're connecting, thats from a factory reset? 

You haven't hit the wps button at all? 

Also, try going to 192.168.1.250 when you're connected to it. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

I'd factory reset it and try reinstall it using the installation assistant. 

To factory reset, push and hold the reset button for 7-15 seconds while powered on. 

Here's a video of how to use the assistant. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJVklshxBMk

Message 2 of 5
gatordw
Tutor

I tried to follow that but when I connect to network "NETGEAR_EXT" and then try to load "mywifiext" it just says I'm not connected to the internet.

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

when you're connecting, thats from a factory reset? 

You haven't hit the wps button at all? 

Also, try going to 192.168.1.250 when you're connected to it. 

Message 4 of 5
gatordw
Tutor

Thanks for the help, I factory reset it for 15 seconds then when I load the Extender ip address it brought me to the manual setup where I was able to select to extend 5Ghz from the the main router. I appreciate the help!!!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7