× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender cannot find my router

njoswell
Aspirant

Extender cannot find my router

I think there's another post like this but with no resolution - I had an different Netgear extender model for a while and it was working until the other day when it stopped detecting my home network. My landlord thought it was maybe too old (probably not) and was interested in trying a new one. Bought a new one and same problem. The extender will not show my home network. I can connect to the router, but the extender can't find my router. I have moved it as close as I can to the router with no luck. We've unplugged/replugged the router, I've reset the extenders multiple times. Nothing.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Extender cannot find my router

Hi @njoswell,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Can the extender detect other neighboring WiFi networks?

3. Have you tried changing the wireless channel on the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
njoswell
Aspirant

Not sure about the firmware. I literally just bought a new extender yesterday.

I’ve seen some posts about firmware updates messing up extenders and I haven’t updated anything on the old extender that was working and just quit.

The extender is detecting a lot of neighboring networks, but not mine. I’ve tried manually entering information and that never works.

I can log into and use the WiFi coming directly from the router but the extender cannot find it. It used to find it, I haven’t changed location of the extender or router or really anything but now the old extender and the new extender can’t talk to the router.

My landlord has the router in her house and I currently can’t change anything on the router but in a couple days I’ll have access to that.
Model: EX7300|AC2200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @njoswell,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7