× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extender won't connect to internet

Stevenec
Aspirant

Extender won't connect to internet

So I have had my extender about 10 months now and no real problems that I was aware of.  I recently upgraded my router so went to update the information for it with the extender and have now run into issues with it even connecting to the device.  Contacted support and since they only cover 90 days am well past that and their videos they directed me to make it seem like there are no issues when starting over.  Can't believe nobody can help you when their device isn't working correctly.  So here I am asking the community for assistance; the mywifiext does not work as it gives me a xml error, I did get the extender to connect when it is hard wired to my router but as soon as it's unplugged I have nothing even though I have a green 2.4 light, just want the extender to work as it should...any advice, thank you in advance.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Stevenec, 

Factory reset the extender by pressing on the small black button using a pin for 15+ seconds and join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network.  After you connect to it, browse to www.mywifiext.net and follow the setup instructions.

~Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Stevenec
Aspirant

Hi Christian,

I tried what you said and still cannot conect to the internet.  I have reset it numerous times and then when I try to conect it to my router it won't go through, when I look it up through my computer it connects but then states there is no internet access.  I even hooked it up through ethernet and still got the same problem.  Everytime I enter the web address to enter the extender it says I am not connected to my extender's wifi network...but I am so I just don't know waht else to do.  I also tried doing it through my cellphone and the same issues.  Any further advice because I'm still stuck?

Thanks

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Stevenec - Were you able to locate the "NETGEAR_EXT" network and connect to it using a wireless device? 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7