× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender won't connect to new Sparklight modem

bigredguy
Follower

Extender won't connect to new Sparklight modem

Just updated my 15 year old modem from (formally Cableone) to a brand new Sparklight CODA-6010 and they won't talk to each other.  Ofcourse that means my phone app won't talk to the extender either.  I've had this extender since July 2018 and worked OK from the old modem.  Just got off the phone with Sparklight tech support and they said they've done all they can do from there end and now I need to call Netgear Support now. 

Everything else works just fine with this new modem.  Internet on TV, cell phone WIFI, computers, etc. 

The extender just sits there with the 5G, 2.4G and WPS LEDs on solid.  Troubleshooting this thing includes connecting to your extender and checking for this and that.  Well, I can't connect to it.  Now what?  

Is anybody have any experiences with the connecting CODA modems from Sparklight/New Wave to Nighthawk extender?  

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Extender won't connect to new Sparklight modem

I couldn't find a modem by coda-6010. sure thats the model number or got a link to its site?

Did you try factory resetting the EX8000 and then going through the installation wizard and not using wps? 

Some isp modem/routers have a "smart connect" that needs to be disabled to add an extender. Without a manual/specs for the sparklight, I'm unsure what it has for management. 

I'd try with resetting the extender (push and hold reset while the extender is fully powered on. Usually around 7-15 seconds). The try using the installation wizard (not wps). 

You can find the manual/guide here:

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX8000

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7