× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extender won't recognize SSID anymore. Not connecting to Internet

anand_ext
Aspirant

Extender won't recognize SSID anymore. Not connecting to Internet

I purchased a new Range extender 10-15 days back and was able to connect to my router without issues. 

Two days back, the extender stopped connecting for some reason. I have tried rebooting my extender multiple times and configuring from scratch. But for some reason, it doesn't show my router automatically (though I can see the rest of networks in my neighborhood). 

I tried adding my SSID manually, but at the end of it, I am told that the internet is not available with the extender network. 

ng1.pngng2.pngng3.pngng4.png

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: Extender won't recognize SSID anymore. Not connecting to Internet

If you connect to the extender network and browse to http://www.mywifiext.net you can see if the extender connection to the router is functional.  Note this should work even if the extender isn't connected.

Also, is the router link led lit on the extender?  What color is it?

Message 2 of 3
anand_ext
Aspirant

Re: Extender won't recognize SSID anymore. Not connecting to Internet

Strange. I left the extender on for like 3-4 hours and now it's working all of a sudden. After three days of not working. 

Is the extender supposed to be left on at all times? I only keep it on when I need it. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7