× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Extending my C3000 router

BDFlora59
Aspirant

Extending my C3000 router

Hello,

I have the Netgear C3000 router and I want to extend my range so that I have continuous service to my devices that are just outside my home in the backyard patio. Will the NETGEAR Nighthawk Mesh X4S WiFi Mesh Extender Ex7500 work with my router and accomplish this? Or is there a better way to do what I’m trying to do?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
BDFlora59
Aspirant

Re: Extending my C3000 router

Thanks for the info! I already have a plug-in extender and it gives intermittent service, but I like the idea of going for the Nighthawk and upgrading my C3000 later. I appreciate your help!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

It will however the speeds on the EX7500 are far greater than whas on the C3000. So you'll have some growth for future proofing should you decide to upgrade the C300 to something newer. 

Or you could keep with something that matches the C3000:

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/WN3000RP.aspx

Message 2 of 4
BDFlora59
Aspirant

Thanks for the info! I already have a plug-in extender and it gives intermittent service, but I like the idea of going for the Nighthawk and upgrading my C3000 later. I appreciate your help!

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7