× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Front Flashing white, and power flashing red

TDawkins
Aspirant

Front Flashing white, and power flashing red

For the past week, my extender stopped working. The front lights flash white and the power light in the back flashes red. Theres nothing in the manual about the issues im having.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TDawkins,

Welcome to the community!

1. Have you tried resetting the extender?

2. Are you still able to access the UI of the extender?

3. What steps have you done so far?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 9
TDawkins
Aspirant

I tried unplugging it for a while and plugging it back it. I pressed and held in the reset button in the back for 10+ seconds. I tried reconnecting it to my Nighthawk. Nothing works. The front lights flash white, and the power light flashes red.
Message 3 of 9
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @TDawkins,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 9
mama2ewmm
Aspirant

I'm having this same issue.  I've had it unplugged about a week or so until I could deal with it.  I plugged it back in tonight, green power light came on briefly, then went back to flashing red with all front lights flashing white.  I tried a week or so ago to reconnect but nothing happened.  Tried resetting then and tonight, holding the reset button about 10 seconds and nothing changed with the flashing lights.

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 5 of 9
RJG202
Guide

@mama2ewmm wrote:

I'm having this same issue.  I've had it unplugged about a week or so until I could deal with it.  I plugged it back in tonight, green power light came on briefly, then went back to flashing red with all front lights flashing white.  I tried a week or so ago to reconnect but nothing happened.  Tried resetting then and tonight, holding the reset button about 10 seconds and nothing changed with the flashing lights.

Did you ever get resolution?  I have same issue.

Message 6 of 9
HR00
Aspirant

I’m having the same issues and can not find my manual. I have unplugged and reset many times with no luck
Message 7 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

I would contact NG support about this:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

@HR00 wrote:
I’m having the same issues and can not find my manual. I have unplugged and reset many times with no luck

Message 8 of 9
justrere
Aspirant

i had the same problem and could not find anyhelp online. of course netgear refers you to this community instead of helping you because ive had it greater than 3 months.  RIDICULOUS. anyway i did get mine working again.

I noticed that when i plug it in the lights in front flash white and the light in back starts out green when you first plug it in then within 30 seconds starts flashing red.  after several days of troubleshooting, trying stuff and giving up, i decided to give it another try. RIGHT after i plug it in, While power button was still green (before turning to red) I quickly inserted a paperclip into the reset button and held for 5 seconds to reset ( this did not previously work when the power light had already switched to the red flashing light).  this time it did behave differently and eventually reset where only two of the lights on front went to white.  then I was able to reset up my extender as if it were new (press the wps button on it and my router) now it is properly operating again.  

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7